Acceptable methods of payment for a building application are Cash or Bank Cheque payment or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).
PLEASE NOTE !!
(a) Delays associated with payment methods or the associated procedures are outside the control of the Development Applications Branch and staff.
(b) Process time frames are calculated from acceptance of the application and NOT date of payment.
Payment procedures are as follows:
Where payment is made using CASH the payment invoice and receipt together with the amount being tendered must be presented to the Cashier. The payment invoice and receipt is used to record the proof of payment.
After payment the payment invoice and receipt is returned to the Submissions Counter in order for the payment to be recorded and the application is then accepted for consideration by the local authority.
CHEQUE Payment – BANK CHEQUES ONLY
NOTE : ONLY BANK CHEQUES ARE ACCEPTED where payment by made by cheque.
Where payment is made using a BANK CHEQUE the payment invoice and receipt together with the cheque being tendered must be presented to the Cashier. The payment invoice and receipt is used to record the proof of payment.
After payment the payment invoice and receipt is to be returned to the Submissions Counter in order for the payment to be recorded and the application is then accepted for consideration by the local authority.
Note: CGR does not recommend using this method as it takes a long time for the municipality to track your payment and provide a receipt number
(1) Application is presented at the Submission Counter for acceptance;
(2) The payment invoice and receipt is prepared recording Application Reference No. (where available) and amount payable.
(3) Customer collects ALL documentation and leaves to make payment.
( Documentation left at Submissions Counters will be deemed abandoned and discarded.)
(4) ONLY the following reference numbering is to be used when making EFT payments to ensure that payment can be assigned to the related application. Incorrect referencing will result in unnecessary delays due to auditing requirements.
VOTE NO + ADDRESS
The Vote Number is located under the BUILDING PLAN FEE adjacent to the amount payable on the prepared payment invoice.
Vote numbers are NOT interchangeable between regional office so ensure that the correct number is utilized.
Vote numbers are regional office specific.
METRO BILLING ACCOUNT NUMBERS MUST NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE USED FOR REFERENCE
PURPOSES AS ANY AMOUNTS DEBITED AGAINST THE METRO BILLING ACCOUNT WILL BE OFFSET AGAINST SUCH ACCOUNT AND NEW PAYMENTS WILL BE REQUIRED.
(5) Once EFT payment has been effected, proof of payment together with contact details and the previously completed payment invoice are to be forwarded to the branch area office contact person provided.
(6) The branch area office verifies EFT payment as part of the internal audit process and awaits confirmation of payment receipt from the Treasury Dept. accountant.
(7) Once written confirmation of EFT payment has been received from the accountant, the branch area office will make contact using the contact details forwarded together with proof of payment.
(8) Once contacted by the branch area office the application documentation can be presented to the Submissions Counter for acceptance.
(9) Payment confirmation will be correlated with the related application, payment recorded and the application accepted for
consideration by the local authority.